November 20th, 2008 by Derek & Ryan
We’re happy to announce that Credit Card Terminal version 2.2 is now available in the App Store.
What’s new in this version:
- Card Number is larger and easier to read, including number groups
- Expiration Date automatically inserts a / to improve readability
- When setting up the Transaction Key (on the settings screen), you can see the whole value when you first enter it
- Added the Invoice Number field (on the More Fields screen, tap the blue arrow)
November 11th, 2008 by Derek & Ryan
When we launched Credit Card Terminal, we received some feedback from small merchants that setting up the Authorize.Net® and merchant accounts for credit card processing was too complicated and too expensive, including some penalties that were hard on small merchants.
At this time, we’re very happy to announce that we’ve secured much better credit card processing rates for our Credit Card Terminal customers.
As a small business ourselves, we understand the importance of clear, predictable rates. And we hate paying for setup or termination — it puts a lot of pressure on up-front decision making instead of letting us try things out. We hope our new offering will make it easier and cheaper than ever to try Credit Card Terminal.
When you take advantage of our new Authorize.Net + Merchant Account sign-up, there are no application, sign-up, or termination fees, and no monthly minimum processing fee. Getting rid of the minimum processing fee is a big win for small merchants, since it results in a predictable monthly bill with no worries of paying penalties for months of low or no volume.
Here’s a comparison table, assuming you need to sign up for both Authorize.Net and a merchant account:
||First 250 $0.19
* Range in monthly fee reflects the $25 minimum processing fee as part of the old rates. The new merchant account has no monthly minimum, so there is no penalty for charging less on a monthly basis.
November 3rd, 2008 by Derek & Ryan
Credit Card Terminal is now for sale in the App Store. Thank you to everyone who participated in our Early Customer Program!
To go with our release, we’ve put together some additional information that will help you to get started with Credit Card Terminal.